VICE Media started as a small magazine in Montreal, Canada over 20 years ago and has grown into one of the largest media empires on earth. Vice has been called “The Hipster’s Bible”, but they’ve shifted away from their quirky and raw counterculture coverage and moved towards putting out some of the best reporting available for controversial world events, including Russia’s annexation of Crimea. They’ve taken on investments from other media empires, including a $70 million investment from Rupert Murdoch of News Corp, who is basically a real-life super villain depending on who you ask.
Here’s a look at the article that Vice published, and recently re-posted to their FB page (Before deleting it)
The FB post may have disappeared, but the original article is still online.
Here are some excerpts from the article detailing why Vice is saying that wrestling is gay:
- “These men wear tight-fitting singlets, garments, or nothing at all.”
- “If they do wear clothing, it is tight against their torsos, chest, and thighs, revealing the shapes of their often muscular bodies.”
- “Their muscles are on display for their opponents and viewers alike.”
- “Their bodies are pushed up against one another as hard as they will go.”
Strong argument, sloppy satire, or just trying to cause a fuss? You decide.
Here are some comments from around the web:
- “You could certainly look at men wrestling and find it erotic if that’s what turns you on or comes to mind.”
- “Actually what is gay is two dudes fucking.”
- “This article is AT LEAST as offensive to gay men as it is to grapplers across the world.”
- “Notice how the majority of all champion mixed martial artists are ex champion collegiate wrestlers. You can poke fun all you want but in reality it is one of if not the most successfully applied forms of combat.”
Page 1 of 1: